Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Enjoying the Little Things

With a new year upon us, chances are we already have a few big goals set for ourselves to accomplish in 2017. No matter how big or small your goals may seem, it is important to enjoy the little things. Far too often, we get caught up on thinking about everything on a grand scale, which causes us to overlook the little things that make our lives worthwhile. When you think back on a significant moment in your life what do you remember? For most, we think about the moment as a whole rather than thinking about each individual thing that went into making that moment special. If you stop and think about the little things, you realize just how big they actually are.

As an example, this summer I went boating with some family and whenever I recall that day, I remember the little things. I remember the smell of the lifejackets that remained unused for almost a year, I remember the smell of the engine firing up to life, and I’ll never forget the sunburn I dealt with for the weeks after. It is entirely too easy to become focused on that next big goal. Rather than stressing yourself out about accomplishing multiple things all at once, take the time to fully appreciate all of the little things that go into your everyday life. Challenge yourself to enjoy the little things, and see how much of a difference it can make in your life. As I wrap up this blog, I’d like to leave you with a quote from Mr. Kurt Vonnegut. “Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you’ll look back and realize they were the big things.”

           Zach Hoffman

South Central State Vice President

No comments:

Post a Comment