Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Giving Thanks

With Thanksgiving being just a few days away, we each have the opportunity to reflect on life’s blessings and be grateful.  The Iowa FFA State Officers have done some reflecting ourselves and here is what we would like to give thanks for:

Zach Hoffman: As a State Officer, I have the opportunity to travel across the state and interact with many different chapters. Each time I visit, I am always amazed at how much respect students give towards their FFA advisors. The sense of family is always apparent as soon as I walk through the door and that might be my favorite part about being involved in FFA: the family. FFA advisors put students before themselves and I am very thankful for that. I would not be the man I am today without the constant guidance and support system that Mrs. Kelsey Bailey, my FFA advisor, provides. I'm sure we can all spend an entire day saying great things about our FFA advisors, but today, I want to simply say thanks.

Blake Lineweaver: In high school, I did a satirical (kind of sarcastic) speech pretending to be cranberry sauce during Thanksgiving. To sum it up, I was a livid, jiggly mound of fruit that couldn't stand that fact that he wasn't the main dish of Thanksgiving. This holiday season, I'm thankful that for any meal, at least one person will appreciate every food, no matter how physically repulsive it may be.

Chase Kusel: I am thankful for my family. To be able to be back around the people that have pushed me and supported me in everything I do is indescribable. Throughout my year of service, they have been here to help in anyway possible, and I couldn't be more thankful for a support system like then.

Zach Hamilton: This Thanksgiving I would have to say that I am especially thankful for my car. As a State Officer and college student who lives about 3 1/2 hours from campus, I have put a lot of hours and miles on the road. Everything from traveling to and from home and campus for a break, to chapter visits, across Iowa for RAGBRAI, to the Enrichment Center for all sorts of things, or even just the short trip to Starbucks, I probably would not survive without my car. My car, Cam Cam and I have put in over 6,000 miles in a few short months, jamming to Beyonce and Carly Rae Jepsen. I am extremely thankful to have the ability to take Cam wherever I need to go to improve either my own or someone else's life.

Zoie Shook: I'm thankful for laughter and its ability to bring people together, make the bad days not so bad, and shine light on a hard situation. This year, laughter has become a daily occurrence; I’ve laughed until I cried, laughed until my stomach hurt, laughed until someone told me to shut up, and laughed because I was in an awkward situation (which I find myself in way too often). But honestly, I wouldn't change it for the world. So, thank you God, for allowing me the ability to laugh at not only myself, but everything else around me as well. Laughter is happiness, and happiness is key to a wonderful life.

Cole Moody: I am thankful for Jesus because He died on the cross for my sins. Because of Him I am forgiven.

Savannah Keitzer: I am thankful for EM Tiffany. I am sure each of us in the “FFAmily” had a panic attack when our FFA Advisor told us that we had to memorize and recite the creed. Even though the majority of us thought we could never do it, we did. Little did we know, reciting the creed instilled values within our hearts. The creed reminds of our mission as an agricultural industry, and the dreams we want to achieve. It reminds us of our past, and all the hard work and accomplishments that have been put forth to make our dreams come true. I am especially thankful for the FFAmily EM Tiffany created because you make my dreams a reality.

Cully Forsyth: Not just on Thanksgiving but all year ‘round I am thankful for my loving family and the faith they always show, my hometown and how the people their taught me to be the person I am today, my friends and the memories they continue to help me make and last but definitely not least........ The Green. Bay. Packers. This historic team not only has a past of success, but a bright future as well. Don't let their slow start, 4 - 5 record, below average defense, and 3rd place seat in the NFC North fool you, the rest of the season can only go up from here and I definitely see another Lombardi trophy coming back to Lambeau Field soon. This Thanksgiving remember to thank your family, your friends, and most definitely your favorite team for always doing what they can to ensure a bright future for you. 

Elisa Russ: This year, I’m thankful for this crazy thing called life.  Through late nights, football games, endless hours on the road, packed schedules, good food, ripped pantyhose, amazing people, and all the other things that make our lives what they are, I’m just thankful for every new day that is given to me.  I am appreciative of every good and not-so-good moment, because life itself truly is a blessing.


From the Iowa FFA State Officer Team, we want to wish everyone a safe and blessed Thanksgiving.  Enjoy the time with loved ones, remember to thank an agriculturalist for your holiday meal, and be grateful for all of life’s blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment