Thursday, December 8, 2016

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

As we get closer to winter break were starting to see many changes whether it’s leaves falling, the temperature dropping, to more pumpkin spice products than we’ve ever seen before. I thought we had the opportunity to skip winter this year when I wore just a t-shirt outside on December 1st but my hopes were brought back down when I went outside on December 2nd and felt the harsh 29 degree winter we were all waiting for. Now that winter is finally here to stay, I thought I’d touch on just a couple of things this wonderful season has to offer us.

SNOW!
When I think of winter the first thing that comes to my mind any maybe yours too is snow. Whether you love it or not every year snow will cover the ground, and it doesn’t matter how old you are when you hear someone yell, “SNOWBALL FIGHT”, you throw a snowball. The coolest thing I see in my community back in Charles City is when it snows everybody is helping each other clear a path for vehicles and roads just out of pure kindness. It brings people together in many ways that many people never think of.

Christmas movies!
Ok but seriously how many times is it acceptable to watch the movie “ELF” from December to January. When I do have free time from my crazy schedule you can definitely find me watching Christmas movies. I can’t get enough of them!

Food!
Since I already made the joke I might as well bring it up again. Call me basic but I love a warm pumpkin spice latte and will definitely drink a lot of them during these cold months. I enjoy seeing all the different types of foods and drinks that are offered during this season especially the ones made by my family during Christmas.

Traditions!
Speaking of family, my number one favorite thing about winter is the holidays when I get to travel back to Americas Hometown and see all my family members. Sitting by the fireplace, around the dinner table, to even the occasional snowball fight, the love everyone shows for each other makes me treasure those special moments.

When you finally get that break off school, sports, FFA, and the many other activities you are in take in the awesome weather we get to experience here in Iowa, make sure to get cozy and watch hours on hours of Christmas movies, drink and eat as much delicious food and pumpkin spice products as you can handle, and most importantly focus on your family. Not long you’ll be off to college and counting down the days till you get to travel home and experience those memorable traditions that we all love. Have a warm winter!

Cully Forsyth

North Central State Vice President 

No comments:

Post a Comment