Wednesday, June 19, 2019

State Officers Reflect on COLT

Chandler: I had a chance to visit 3 COLTs this year and was amazed at the level of leadership that chapter officers brought to the table. Those I had a chance to interact with brought to the table a level of genuineness and determination that encouraged me to be a better leader! Hats off to the facilitators who volunteered their time to not only learn the curriculum but connect with members on a personal level. I am positive it left a bigger impact than they will ever realize! I cannot wait to see what our chapters tackle this year!

Tyler: Getting the opportunity to meet members across 3 districts was amazing. Getting to see so many new faces and interacting with all of you was something I genuinely enjoyed! I can’t wait to meet even more of you throughout the year makes me excited beyond belief! Continue to do great things in you chapter, district, and the entire state of Iowa!

Natalie: I loved getting to be a part of COLTs this year! We have so many incredible chapter officers this year. I can’t wait to see the awesome things Iowa FFA can accomplish this year through the service of leaders all across the state. I am so glad I had the opportunity to facilitate at these events and learn from the members who are leading their chapters. I am looking forward to seeing the impact our chapter officers make throughout their year of service!

Shelby: One word comes to mind after interacting with chapter officers this week, blessed. Our chapters are in great hands for this upcoming year. One of my favorite parts of COLT is having the chance to hear members share what makes there chapter unique. I also love seeing officers network and find skills to bring back home. I am very excited to watch as our chapter officers make a difference in their communities this year!

Mickayla: Over the past two weeks, I have attended 4 COLT Conferences, traveled nearly 1,000 miles, made tons of memories, and met some of Iowa’s most influential leaders. I absolutely loved being able to get to know all of our amazing chapter officers from all across the state! The amount of potential, determination, and leadership ability that our officers possess is extremely inspiring! I am super excited to witness all of the incredible things that our talented officer teams accomplish throughout the next year!

Grace: The thing I love most about our amazing organization is the people that comprise it, and attending three COLTs in the past two weeks showed me just how exceptional our members are! My favorite part of COLT season was definitely meeting all the different chapter officers from across the state. It was incredible to hear their thoughts, stories and ideas as we went through workshops together; we had lots of laughs and learned a lot along the way too! I have no doubt that these dedicated leaders will put what they learned to use in the upcoming year to better their chapters, schools and communities.

Nole: By far my favorite part of COLT is interacting with members and connecting with them. That’s something I really enjoy doing and COLT is a perfect opportunity to do so. Having the opportunity to attend three different COLTs really opened my eyes and showed once again, that this year's chapter officers can accomplish big things. Getting to know all of you throughout the year is the thing I’m looking forward to the most! Another big part of why I enjoy COLT so much are the road trip jam sessions, spontaneous Walmart runs, and all of the other memories made the nights before, are ones that I will hold on to for the rest of my life.

Hope: What I enjoy most about COLT was all of the behind the scenes work that goes into it to insure that the members had a successful experience. It was a wonderful feeling to witness all of that work get put into action. I was beyond excited to see all of the chapter officers taking full advantage of this opportunity. I have so much pride in the outstanding leaders within this organization. Iowa FFA, we are in great hands!

Lukas: The part that I enjoyed the most was bonding with chapter and district officers over the past two weeks. From driving 15 hours looking at all the new scenes and cool places while singing all the new songs and meeting members that made an impact on my life. I cannot wait to see the transformation in members lives from all of these amazing officers. You’ll all do great things this year!

Living to Serve,

The 2019-2020 State Officer Team

No comments:

Post a Comment