Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Fresh Start to 2020!

As the final days of 2019 wrapped up I began to reflect on what a great year it has been. We celebrated another inspiring year of FFA events, presented Paul Hassmen with his FFA jacket (Click Here to read that story), and celebrated 50 years of women in FFA (Click Here for media surrounding that event). We have been blessed by many sponsors, alumni, and our advisors. I am very thankful for all who provide us the experience to write our own story in the blue jacket, however, this year is over and we have a new path to walk down.

As we step into the new year and decade we have the opportunity for a fresh start. The new year looks different for all of us, for some, it is New Year’s Resolutions, for others it is a new set of classes at school, and for others, it’s a chance to set goals for the new decade. As we make our way back to school these next few days what are we going to change? Without change, we won’t see any progress in our goals and ambitions. What will the new year look like for you? I challenge you to answer these following questions!

This year I will focus on…
This year I will serve others by...
This year I want to get better at…

As I take the time to answer these questions, I can’t help but get excited for the new year! We have so much time to make new friends, discover new places, and make a difference. For me, the new year is always a time to set goals and start working! This year I am excited to start a new set of classes at Iowa State University, travel to new FFA chapters, and meet more FFA members. These new experiences will shape the start of my new decade. As Jonathan Estrin once said, “The way we spend our time defines who we are.” We are given 365 days to make a difference in the world. What’s stopping you?


Aspire to Inspire,

Shelby Westhoff
Northeast State Vice President


No comments:

Post a Comment