Sunday, March 17, 2019

Canvases


As the warmer weather is starting to arrive, it makes me anxious to go outside with my paints, brushes, and canvases. Now I might not be as good of an artist as my Grandma or my best friends, but nothing beats the sun beating down on you and your freshly painted canvas. When I paint, I like to use acrylics because it seems to go across the canvas well and is able to be used for tiny details. Every time you mix paint to make the perfect color, you have to be somewhat precise so that way you get close to the same color as before. When I paint, I feel as if I am able to create anything. Every brush stroke means you are closer to the final product. If you think that you put the wrong color in the wrong spot, you didn’t. That is just another reason that makes your painting unique.

Just like in all aspects of life, we are all unique in our very own way. We all have things we enjoy just like picking out the paints we want to put on our canvas. Like the brushes, we all have different goals and aspirations. Just like every brush is different, every goal or life aspiration is different. Like the canvas, we all have a finished product that has yet to be created. With every brush stroke, just like big life moments, we are closer to creating our finished canvas. What do you want your finished canvas to look like? We are all unique in our own way, so I encourage you to paint your canvas with your goals and aspirations, and with life’s greatest moments. You are as unique as your canvas.


Smile for the camera,
Jodie Mausser
Iowa FFA State Reporter

No comments:

Post a Comment