Friday, March 8, 2019

Let Your Garden Grow!


This week is finally looking as if the snow will melt, and spring will come. That means soon I’ll be able to participate in one of my favorite past times, gardening. I love to garden! I take so much satisfaction in watching my plants grow and produce fruit. Just as I take pride in watching FFA members grow. There is a little something we can all take from the changing of the seasons and that is growth.

As soon as late April arrives and the snow is gone, the sun shines warm, and the ground is cool, you can find me in my garden. The first thing to do when entering the garden, hoe the weeds. You have to get the weeds out of the way before you can start anywhere. Just like ingrown members, you have to get rid of your own weeds. When wanting to grow as a person you have to get rid of your own weeds. You have to let go of the thoughts in your mind that are preventing you from growing. The thoughts of “I can’t do this” “I can’t possibly get any better”. Once you get rid of the weeds, you can start on your path to growth. The next thing I do in the garden is hoe a row deep and straight. Same comes when growing ourselves. The path to growth is a straight line. We must follow our path forward to better things that lie ahead. The next step in my garden, planting the seed. Each seed has to be carefully placed in the ground and covered with care. With growth in ourselves, we too must plant the seed. We need to take the advice from others and care for it. Let it grow inside each of us. The final step in caring for my garden is just that, care. To give it time, and tenderness. To go back every day and continue to pull the weeds, to continue to care for the seeds. Our personal growth is just the same. We have to continue to care for our personal growth. Continue to pull our own weeds. Continue to care for our seeds. We have to continue to let our garden grow!

Take the Time,
Gwen Black
2018-2019
SW State Vice-President 

No comments:

Post a Comment